What to do After Diploma in Civil Engineering?
1) Civil Engineer:
In engineering field civil engineering is the conventional branch of education. Civil engineer’s job involves different kind of constructional activities. Such as make plans and designs of various infrastructures of dam, air port, power plants, roads, tunnels, bridges and buildings, etc. and supervise its work. Here we will discuss on ‘what after diploma in civil engineering?’
2) Options available for Diploma holders of civil engineers:
There are two options available after completion of Diploma. One can go for further study and also can do job as a Civil Engineer.
(A) What is the Scope for Higher Studies?
After completion of diploma one can do bachelor degree (B. Tech) in civil engineering.
- Construction engineer
- Transportation engineer
- Structural engineer
- Environment engineer
- Building Technology & Construction Management
- Geo Technical engineering
- Hydraulic and Water Resources engineering
One can go through Master degree (M. Tech) after completion of B. Tech in the same field.
And also can choose certificate course in various specialization as follows:
- Certification Course in Building Design
- Certification Course in Construction Supervisor
(B) What is the Career scope after Diploma in Civil Engineering?
There are various types of career path for Civil Engineers. They have a wide range of roles to work in profession of teaching field, as a consultant, in infrastructure work for various types of constructions. They can opt for job in public as well as private sector. Diploma civil engineers can get remuneration of Rs. 10000 to 15000/- per month. They can work as assistant under the supervision of inexperienced engineers.
3) Career prospects of civil engineering:
The future of civil engineers is potential as the demand is increased day by day. Nowadays there is a huge scope for Civil Engineers to develop our country’s infrastructure more and more. The scope is available for Civil Engineer in private as well as in public sectors. It can be said that Indian civil engineers are demanded also at international level.
Remuneration for graduate civil engineer is up to Rs. 20000 to 25000/- per month. One can select a teaching profession in civil sector as become teacher/professor/lecturer. Therefore we can say that the career of civil engineers is very bright.
Different roles of Civil Engineer:
There are different roles of the important branch of civil engineering:
- Construction engineer: This involves construction of dam, air port, power plants, roads, tunnels, bridges and buildings, etc. & also involves supervision, project planning, project estimation, and budgeting etc.
- Transportation engineer: It involves development of roads, railways, highways, airways and all type of transport system.
- Structural engineer: They are responsible for analyzing different types of stress & strains of structure which has to endure during and after it has been built.
- Environment engineer: They should be aware of whether the project protect environment or not from pollution. And take some protective step for it.
- Urban engineer: They are responsible for the design and development of urban public utilities. They play important role in this urban field.
There are many more roles of civil engineers other than those who mentioned above. Read more articles on jio university.
More Related Queries:
- after diploma in civil engineering
- What to do After Diploma in Civil Engineering?
- career after diploma in civil engineering
Job after diploma in civil eng
There are two options available after completion of Diploma civil engineering. One can go for further study and also can do job as a Civil Engineer. There are various types of career path.