Make Career as Radio Jockey: At a glance
Radio jockey is a person who hosts radio talk shows. Let’s check steps to make Radio Jockey careers. It is abbreviated by RJ who selects songs to be played on radio station, discuss on a various topics like on daily basis, interacting with audience by telephone or email or online. Radio jockeys are expected to supplement their personality by posting information online through various social networking sites like posting a blog with intent to connect to various listeners.
Eligibility criteria to become a radio jockey
To become a radio jockey there is no need to be high qualified. If you want to become a successful radio jockey you should have a linguistic skill, power to grab listeners’ mind while you speaking, good voice quality, different kinds of point of view, great sense of humor, creativity, ample knowledge of all fields, etc.
Courses to become a radio jockey
- Certificate Course in Announcing, Broadcasting, Comparing and Dubbing (ABCD)
- Certificate Course in Radio Jockeying ( CRJ )
- Certificate Course in Radio Production Programme
- Diploma in Radio Jockeying ( DRJ )
- Diploma in Radio Management
- Diploma in Radio Programming and Management ( DRPM )
- Diploma in Radio Station Operations and Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio Programming and Management (PGDRM )
Institutes offer courses for radio jockey
- Radio City School of Broadcasting, Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- National School of Drama, Delhi
- Encompass Institute of Radio Management, Mumbai
- Films & Television Institution of India, Pune
Career prospects of radio jockey
As we can see the numbers of FM stations are available around the country. And it will be increased in future. Thus, there is a huge scope to build a career in radio industry. If you love to talk more and more than it is very good for you to make a career in radio jockey. It becomes a high paying job nowadays which is a diversifying in nature. It is the job of assignments which are given to them on daily basis. There are various leading FM channels and private radio ventures which offer opportunities to RJs to make a bright future like FM, radio mid day, All India Radio, Vividh Bharti, and other radio stations. They can also lend their voice to various documentaries and audio magazines. We can say that there is a huge scope in the career of radio jockey.
The initially RJ may get remuneration of Rs. 15000 to 30000 /- per month. This can be higher as per your work experience. One can earn higher remuneration as able to create popularity among others and by making fens. More Related Queries:
- Radio jockey jobs for freshers/ job qualification
- Jockey international careers
- Radio disc jockey school
How to make career in Radio Jockey?
To become a radio jockey there is no need to be high qualified. If you want to become a successful radio jockey you should have a linguistic skill, power to grab listeners’ mind while you speaking, good voice quality etc.