irs.gov Previous Tax Returns
irs.gov Previous Tax Returns: The Internal Revenue Service is the agency that collects tax revenue for the federal government. You can request transcripts online for your past year’s IRS tax return at the IRS website, by phone, or by mail. Both types of transcripts are free of charge. The service is obtainable online for documents as well as 1040, 1040A, OR 1040EZ from 2008 to 2010, W2 from 2003 till 2010, and 1099s from 2003 to 2010.
They are available for the most current tax year after the IRS has processed the return. You can also get them for the current year and the past three tax years. In most cases, a transcript includes the tax information you need. So, now let’s check how to get last year’s tax return from IRS.
The online requesting process is very simple and quick and it takes just a few minutes for you to complete the online request. You can get your free transcripts immediately online. Generally, you can get them by phone, by mail, or by fax within 5 to 10 days from the time IRS receives your request.
About Internal Revenue Service
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the revenue service of the United States federal government. It was founded on July 1, 1962, in the United States of America. It was headquartered in Washington, D.C., and United States. It is a U.S. government agency responsible for the collection of taxes and enforcement of tax laws.
The government agency is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and under the immediate direction of the commissioner of internal revenue. It has more than 79,890 employees. The IRS has also overseen various benefits programs and enforces portions of the Affordable Care Act.
How Can You Request Copies of Your Past Tax Returns with the IRS?
- You have a computer with internet access.
- You have to make sure that the tax documents you are requesting are previously filed with the IRS.
Follow Step-By-Step Guide
- Visit the website of the Internal Revenue Service at: http://www.irs.com
- Get on “Need Copies of Past Tax Returns?” in the left part of the page.
- Choose “Start New Request”.
- Then read all instructions and select “Next”.
- Get on “Create New” if you want to create a new request, otherwise, you can select “Edit existing” to edit the request you have created.
- Enter your email address and choose a password for your request, and get on “Next”.
- As necessary, select the time and the type of tax return you want to request, and fill out your personal details, including your name, address, social security number, etc.
- When everything is confirmed correctly entered, choose “Submit” to finish your online request.
- For further information about the IRS online request for last year’s tax return, please refer to the website at: www.irs.gov. Read more articles on jio university.
More Related Queries:
- irs gov previous tax returns
- irs.gov prior year tax return
- irs.gov Previous Tax Returns
- irs.gov last years tax return