Syllabus of Company Secretary Course
Syllabus of Company Secretary Course: The Institute of Company Secretary of India (ICSI) is the only recognized professional body in India to develop & regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India. Headquarter of ICSI is situated in New Delhi & four regional offices in New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata & Mumbai. Here we will discuss Company Secretary Course Details.
Company Secretary Course is offering you a wide range of opportunities to build a potential career in the corporate world. It is an important professional aiding to manage the various issues of corporate sectors. A member of ICSI may also practice as a professional after obtaining a certificate of practice as provided in the Company Secretaries Act, 1980, or work as a Whole Time Company Secretary in a company.
Course structure of Company Secretary Course
The ICSI conducts the examination to bring high-level professionals specialized in corporate laws, management & governance. The examination is in three stages as follows.
- Foundation Programme: Candidates who have passed the higher secondary exam (10+2) are eligible for admission to the foundation.
- Executive Programme: Candidates who have passed foundation OR Graduated from any discipline are eligible for admission to the executive program.
- Professional Programme: After passing, the executive examination students have to register for a professional program and are eligible for the professional program.
Important details regarding CS course
- Registration for the CS course is open throughout the year.
- The examination is conducted twice a year in the month of June & December.
- The official website of ICSI is www.icsi.edu. All other details are available here.
Fee structure of all programs
1) Registration fees:
Foundation Programme: 4500/-
- CS Foundation pass students: 8500/-
- Commerce students: 9000/-
- Non-Commerce students: 10000/-
Professional Programme: 12000/-
2) Examination fees:
Foundation Programme: 1200/-
Executive Programme: 1200/- per module
Professional Programme: 1200/- per module
Candidates are also required to complete the following training
- 7 days Student Induction Programme (SIP) within six months of Executive Programme registration
- 70 hrs Computer training
- 8 days Executive Development Programme (EDP) after passing Executive Programme
- 15 months of training (Articleship)
- 15 days of training in a specialized agency like ROC, stock exchange, financial or banking institution, or management consultancy firm
- 15 days Management Skill Orientation Programme (MSOP)
After completion of professional examination & all above mention training, candidates are eligible for Associate Membership of ICSI.
Career prospects of Company Secretary
A Company Secretary (CS) is a lead professional in the corporate world. Nowadays the career scope is increasing rapidly. After completing the CS course you have the choice of either working as a Practicing Company Secretary (PCS) or A Whole Time Company Secretary in any companies as you are interested in. You can build your career in either practice or in employment.
1) Practicing Company Secretary:
The company secretary in practice renders services in the following area.
- Legal, secretarial & corporate governance
- Corporate restructuring
- Arbitration & conciliation
- Due diligence
- Corporate advisory services
- Foreign collaboration
- Capital market & investors’ relation
- Financial management
2) Company secretary in employment:
Companies with paid-up share capital of Rs. 5 crores or more are compulsorily required to appoint a whole-time company secretary under section 383a of the companies act 1956. He/she acts like a vital link between the company and the board of directors, all stakeholders & regulatory authorities. CS acts as a compliance officer as well as a legal consultant. CS is the most important role in companies.
Remuneration to the Company Secretary
Generally Company Secretary is offered Rs. 25000 to 50000/-at initial stage & the growth is increasing day by day. Experienced company secretaries can earn up to Rs. 100000 to 200000/- monthly. There is a bright opportunity in the career of company secretary. Read more articles on jio university.
More Related Queries:
- company secretary course syllabus
- company secretary syllabus
- syllabus of company secretary
Company Secretary Course Details
The Institute of Company Secretary of India (ICSI) is the only recognized professional body in India to develop & regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India. There is a bright opportunities in the career of CS.