Introduction to Company Secretary Course
The Institute of Company Secretary of India (ICSI) is the only recognized professional body in India to develop & regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India. Headquarter of ICSI is situated at New Delhi & four regional offices at New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata & Mumbai. Here we will discuss on Company Secretary Course Details.
Company Secretary Course is offering you a wide range of opportunities to build a potential career in corporate world. It is an important professional aiding to manage the various issues of corporate sectors. A member of ICSI may also practice as a professional after obtaining a certificate of practice as provided in the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 or work as a Whole Time Company Secretary in a company.
Course structure of Company Secretary Course
The ICSI conducts the examination to bring high level professional specialized in corporate laws, management & governance. The examination is in three stages as follows.
- Foundation Programme: Candidates who have passed higher secondary exam (10+2) are eligible for admission to foundation.
- Executive Programme: Candidates who have passed foundation OR Graduate from any discipline are eligible for admission of executive programme.
- Professional Programme: After passing executive examination students have to register for professional programme are eligible for professional programme.
Important details regarding CS course
- Registration for CS course is open throughout year.
- The examination is conducted twice in a year in the month of June & December.
- Official website ICSI is www.icsi.edu. All others details are available here.
Fee structure of all programs
1) Registration fees:
Foundation Programme: 4500/-
- CS Foundation pass students: 8500/-
- Commerce students: 9000/-
- Non Commerce students: 10000/-
Professional Programme: 12000/-
2) Examination fees:
Foundation Programme: 1200/-
Executive Programme: 1200/- per module
Professional Programme: 1200/- per module
Candidates are also required to complete the following training
- 7 days Student Induction Programme (SIP) within six months of Executive Programme registration
- 70 hrs Computer training
- 8 days Executive Development Programme (EDP) after passing Executive Programme
- 15 months training (Articleship)
- 15 days training in specialized agency like ROC, stock exchange, financial or banking institution or management consultancy firm
- 15 days Management Skill Orientation Programme (MSOP)
After completion of professional examination & all above mention trainings, candidates are eligible for Associate Membership of ICSI.
Career prospects of Company Secretary
A Company Secretary (CS) is a lead professional in corporate world. Nowadays the career scope is increased rapidly. After completing CS course you have choices either you work as a Practicing Company Secretary (PCS) or A Whole Time Company Secretary in any companies as you are interested in. You can build your career in either practice or in employment.
1) Practicing Company Secretary:
Company secretary in practice render services in the following area.
- Legal, secretarial & corporate governance
- Corporate restructuring
- Arbitration & conciliation
- Due diligence
- Corporate advisory services
- Foreign collaboration
- Capital market & investors relation
- Financial management
2) Company secretary in employment:
Companies with paid up share capital of Rs. 5 crore or more are compulsory required to appoint a whole time company secretary under section 383a of companies act 1956. He/she acts like a vital link between company and board of directors, all stake holders & regulatory authorities. CS acts as a compliance officer as well as legal consultant. CS is the most important role in companies.
Remuneration to the Company Secretary
Generally Company Secretary is offered Rs. 25000 to 50000/-at initial stage & the growth is increasing day by day. Experienced company secretaries can earn up to Rs. 100000 to 200000/- monthly. There is a bright opportunities in the career of company secretary.